Ozone R1 V3
Our understanding of true race performance is not only raw power and speed – it is the combination of every aspect of a kites characteristics, and most importantly how easy it is to access its full potential.
The r1 V3 design is derived from the incredibly successful r1 V2. The race winning performance of the r1 V2 is very easy to tap into, which made it the benchmark kite in the racing scene.
We have refined the design for the V3, taking it to the next level without compromising accessibility to the r1s supercharged performance. A re-designed internal structure increases strength and support without additional weight. re-calculated bridle line diameters reduce overall line drag by 14%.
By utilising the ultra high performance V2 design and combining these performance enhancements we have found an overall increase in performance giving the hard-core racer:
• Better angles up and down wind
• Higher top end and lower bottom end range
• Responsive handling
• Increased stability in light wind conditions
• Quicker inflationAll sizes of r1 V3 are iKA registered
• The R1 V3 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
• The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
• The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
• Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on the control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
• This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
• The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports - they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. bridle lines that are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. if the speed system lines are not worn, but are not to factory specifications (+ or - 15mm) you must adjust back to factory spec. Watch the How To video before adjusting or replacing Speed System lines. how To videos and a bridle check PDf with all measurements can be found at www.ozonekites.com
Choose the Backpack for a quick and easy pack down. choose the closed cell compressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batten profile shape. The compressor bag is also lighter with internal compression straps keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag